- Sophie, Annabelle and Olivier Sumeire maintain their family’s tradition as one of Provence's most visible and prolific families, with roots in the
region going back into the 13th century.
- They own 750 acres of vines, spread out among three estates - Chateau Coussin in Trets, Chateau L’ Afrique in Cuers, and Chateau Maupague in Puyloubier.
- Grapes at each estate have been farmed organically for the last two decades.
About the Wine
- Oliver crafts this cuvee to showcase the complexity that is possible when one combines the disparate terroirs the family farms within the Cotes de
- Fruit from Chateau Coussin in Trets provides nuance and minerality - This is a cooler climate zone that sits at the base of the magnificent face of
the Sainte Victorie.
- Fruit from Chateau L'Afrique in Cuers offers lushness and typicity of style - Cuers sits in what locals call "the golden triangle of traditional Cotes
de Provence flavor."
- Winemaking is via classic skin-contact method, resulting in a delicate color, real nuance, and a depth of flavor you seldom see in most domestic examples.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Rosé
Varietal: 40% Grenache, 40% Cinsault, 10% Tibouren, 5% Carignan, 5% Cab/Sauv.
Origin: France | Appellation: Cotes de Provence
Elaboration: Direct pressing (reduced contact between the juice and the skins, enough to extract the necessary color), with draining
of the juices as soon as the pneumatic presses are filled.
Winemaker: Olivier Sumeire
Dry and fragrant, very pale peach color with a fresh strawberry, rose petals and passion fruit nose. The palate is laced with minerality and delicate
Production: 2000 cases | Alcohol: 12.5% | TA: 4.67 g/l | RS: .3 g/l
| pH: 3.17
Press & Points
- Gold Medal, Concours des vins de Provence, 2015
- 2 stars (out of 3), "Outstanding", Guide Hachette, 2016
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine